Individualised Living Options (ILO)
Different types of home and living supports will suit different people. An Individualised Living Option is an alternative to Supported Independent Living. It is a support that lets you choose the home you live in and set up supports the way that best suits you. An ILO is the package of supports that can help you live how you want in the home environment you have chosen.
Having ILO supports in your plan will help you work out how you want to live, where you want to live and who you live with. There are lots of choices with ILO. You can share your home with friends or housemates. Or you might live in the home of a host family, or on your own with the support you need.
- Help with making decisions like where you want to live and what supports you need to make that happen
- Personal care, including help to shop, cook or pay bills
- Help to set up and manage your own home
- Help to build your independence
- Building and maintaining connection with others
- Help with making day to day decisions
- Support to manage your emotions or behaviour
- Unpaid volunteers, neighbours or carers who help you on a regular basis
- People who you call to help you when you need it (on-call)
- Training for the people who support you.